Monthly subscription to the Catholic Book Club.
Here are our scheduled meetings for 2021, along with the story we will be discussing at each meeting...
- Thursday, March. 11 - “A Good Man is Hard to Find”
- Thursday, April 8 - “The River”
- Thursday, May 20 - “The Life You Save May Be Your Own” (moved due to Ascension Thursday (May 13))
- Thursday, June 10 - “A Stroke of Good Fortune”
- Thursday, July 8 - “A Temple of the Holy Ghost”
- Thursday, Aug. 12 - “The Artificial N.”
- Thursday, Sept. 9 - “A Circle in the Fire”
- Thursday, Oct. 14 - “A Late Encounter with the Enemy”
- Thursday, Nov. 11 - “Good Country People”
- Thursday, Dec. 9 - “The Displaced Person” and Online Book Club Christmas party!
Note that though these stories are deeply Catholic and perhaps the most profoundly Christian fiction of the 20th century, they can be disturbing; they also contain characters who use racist terms that were once common in the South - though their prejudice is put in its proper place in each story.